7/15/14

Disney World!!

Hello all! I've finally decided to get off of my ass and start actually updating this, so its gonna be a few rapid fire posts just to get everyone up to date, since I'm actually going back a few months with all this stuff. Also, the cord to connect my phone to my laptop broke, so I haven't been able to move any of my pictures over.

Anyway, believe it or not, I went to Disney in April!! It was a trip with my school band and it was absolutely amazing. We left on a Thursday afternoon, and bused down overnight. I happen to be one of those gifted with the ability to fall asleep anywhere, and my best friend (who sat next to me) is not, so in the morning she was a little grumpy that my inert body had blocked her way out of the seats all night. Our director gave us all our tickets, and off we went to explore!


We started in the parks early on Friday afternoon at Hollywood Studio and began breaking off into groups. My two friends and I decided that the tree of us would stick together, since the rest of the people assigned to our designated grown up were all two years younger than us. The tickets were jumper passes too, which gave us entry to all of the parks on all of the days we were there, so we basically were set free to roam as we wished over the entirety of Disney World.

I'm really cute, I know

It was fucking awesome. There was no rush to do "family" things, nor any obligation to be anywhere at any time, except back at the buses at nine every night to go to the hotel. My friends I was with don't like roller coasters, so we had time to look at how amazing the sets all are, and see more than I did last time I went.


Do you see that cityscape? That is FLAT. I can't, you guys. I cant even

Obviously, there were some band obligations, so we actually had a really cool Disney clinic on Saturday morning where we learned about sight reading, and techniques to become more confident musicians. It was a room set up for recordings, so we got to hear ourselves on playback almost immediately, and adjust our playing for the next take. In the end, we played a selection of "A Whole New World" that was then synced up to the video from the movie. On Sunday morning, we performed in Downtown Disney, and let me tell you, it was REALLY HUMID and all black doesn't really vibe with humid Florida.

They were putting on a show about dreams and TRU LOVE. The best part was when Maleficent showed up in a puff of smoke, and disappeared the same way

Anyway, back to the good stuff.  I got to go on my favorite ride, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, twice, and we visited all of the parks (mostly two in a day, so Hollywood studios and the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and the Animal Kingdom) and we went to see the Finding Nemo Musical, which was really cute. but the highlight THE HIGHLIGHT BEST PART EVER  of the trip, was when I got to meet Merida.

It was Sunday before our performance, so we had to be back at the buses by 11, I think, and so we were in the Magic Kingdom trying to figure out which of the places on our meal vouchers opened before one in the after noon.We walked across the park to one that looked okay and served more than just chicken nuggets and I kept looking around like "Oh my god, those are the clan flags from Brave! What are they doing here?"
And suddenly, across the path from our group, I saw them opening up the line to meet Merida! And when i say opening up I literally mean that when I got in line I was only behind like maybe seven families.

So I wait in line for a while, cause guess what? There are actually two levels of line. So you wait in the outside line, and then you get moved to the inside-the-area line. So I guess I was technically behind thirteen families. Eventually my group had to get their food without me because I refused to leave the line. But I got in, finally, and when it was my turn gave my phone to the camera guy, who did an awesome job, and I finally got up to Merida and we talked about how rough curly hair is maintenance wise, and how my mouse ears looked like bear ears, and she called me a curly-haired princess, and I maybe teared up I was so happy.

I can't even begin to explain how Merida even started to mean so much to me. I cherish that movie. Everything about it spoke to me and issues I was having with myself the first time I saw it. I'm the oldest daughter in my family, so that immediately struck something in me, and I don't have the easiest relationship with my mother, and I just love that movie and that character so much. I love it so much.



On our last day in Florida, we went to Universal Studios. I spent as much time as I could in Harry Potter world, but unfortunately, the roller coaster inside the castle made me majorly motion sick and I had to sit down and ride kiddie rides the rest of the day. I got an awesome key chain though. Gryffindor!


And then we drove back overnight again. YAAAYYYY.

I also managed to meet Rapunzel, Snow White, Tinkerbell, and one of Tinkerbell's friends. But like seriously though. Merida. I cried happy tears.

Well, signing off again for now! But I'll be back really really soon. I'm trying to divide events so they each have their own post, instead of some monster that no one will ever look through all the way. So long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, opinions, suggestions, and discussion are always welcome! Feel free to join in, and I'll try to respond to as many people as I can.